Dedication of

Our New Church

 
 

The Dedication of our new church was held on Sunday, August 24, 2008, at 2 pm. Despite the threat of Tropical Storm Fay, it proved to be a beautiful and sunny day.  Principal Celebrant was Most Rev. John H. Ricard with Rev. Doug Halsema and Rev. Joe Fowler Concelebrating.  The ceremony began with the Blessing and Sprinkling of Holy Water, and included the Anointing of the Altar and the Walls of the Church, the Incensation of the Altar and the Lighting of the Church. An estimated 1400 people were in attendance for this most beautiful and solemn event. The St. Paul Festival Choir, under the direction of Mr. Tom Helms, sang beautifully. A reception was held after in the St. Paul Parish Center.